Decorative Concrete Up-grades Walkways, Driveways And Patios
A paved driveway and walks are common features in neighborhoods throughout the Madison WI area. Many homeowners add a simple poured concrete patio, too. When you drive through your neighborhood do you see strips of gray? Worn, weary and boring, right?
Jump into the 21st century and go from boring to dynamic. Take advantage of the latest techniques developed for decorative concrete installations. Your concrete driveway and concrete patio easily leap from dull to attractive with the artist’s touch the professionals at Marvin’s Brick Pavers bring to every concrete flatwork job. Add texture to the finish, include a pattern or bring in colors. Let your imagination go and add distinctive touches to these everyday features.
Distinctive Decorative Concrete Options
A simple poured concrete driveway can be transformed to an eye-catching creative element with attention to details and the craftsmanship of professionals. When you want to turn up the tempo on your home’s curb appeal, consider these decorative concrete options:
- Polished concrete – ideal as a polished concrete patio the surface grinding process buffs the finish to a high-luster with an appeal similar to marble. Low maintenance and unique.
- Textured surface – relatively simple, the surface of poured concrete flatwork is broomed, troweled and textured for a unique yet easy to create appearance. Added advantage of texture is better traction when wet or coated with ice/snow.
- Stamped surface treatment – using large-format rubber mats like traditional rubber stamps, special surface designs are applied to semi-hard concrete. Popular designs include stamps to make the surface look like slate, stone, brick or wood planking. Usually used in combination with colored tints and stains. A driveway that looks like reclaimed barn boards would get plenty of attention, right?
- Stained concrete – this is a particularly cost-effective way to create a one-of-a-kind look for your new patio, walkway or concrete driveway. There are colors available to complement every decorative style and create a long-lasting surface that will earn you rave reviews.
There’s an almost unlimited range of colors and textures you can apply to concrete hardscape designs. When treated with stain, no two surfaces are ever exactly alike. When you want a one-of-a-kind addition to your home, decorative concrete is an exciting way to go. You want “sizzle” and personality without “breaking the bank,” right?
Pick A Patio – Concrete Pavers Or Poured Concrete
Whether you decide to install a patio of concrete pavers or poured concrete with added finishes consider above all else: Craftsmanship and dedication to a high-quality finished job.
- Craftsmanship – when you install a patio, driveway, walks or any hardscape creation it is designed to be there a long, long time. Selecting a dedicated professional contractor with experience and skill is vital. The most unique, customized paver or concrete hardscape is only as good as the people who install it.
- Quality = Durability – when properly installed using the latest techniques and materials, decorative concrete will last for decades.
The debate over which kind of patio is best will go on for years. There’s no right answer — which one do you like best? Paver installations take more time to complete and are labor-intensive. They also take more site preparation. Decorative concrete has advantages:
- A poured concrete patio can mimic brick, stone or tile without the high cost and demanding upkeep.
- Decorative concrete offers a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Because it is a flat, even surface concrete is ideal for pool decks and decorative flooring – indoors as well as outdoors.
- Reinforced, poured concrete provides a creative palette strong enough for traffic.
- Concrete is readily available so you don’t have to wait for a special order to come in.
- Colored concrete doesn’t fade after years in direct sunlight – thanks to high-tech concrete sealing products for protecting the surface from harmful UV rays.
- Decorative concrete resists damage from Wisconsin’s freeze/thaw cycles – properly reinforced and installed, stained concrete, stamped concrete and polished concrete doesn’t heave like individual stones. With regular concrete sealing it resists corrosive chemicals, too.
Mix And Match For Unique Hardscape Design
While its durability and many styling options make decorative concrete an ideal choice for outdoor living spaces, consider combining hardscape materials. You want to have a distinctive, outdoor living area, right? Building walls and seating areas from the many paver choices adds depth and texture to your outdoor room. Creating a colorful, expressive “floor” using one of the many decorative concrete options combines versatility with personality.
Let your creativity take over, mix and match materials and you’ll have an outdoor living space that will be the envy of the neighborhood.
When you want to combine the best of both worlds in the realm of hardscapes it isn’t easy to find a contractor well-versed in all the many options. At least not until you join forces with Marvin’s Brick Pavers. We bring decades of professional hardscape design experience to each project. We’re able to provide an array of paver and stone options to complement the latest in decorative concrete.
Never Settle – Choose Experience, Skill Every Time
We’ve been delivering professional paver projects on-time and on-budget to the Madison area for more than 20 years. We treat every job as if it’s being done in our own yard. We’re dedicated to installations going beyond your expectations and “last forever.” It doesn’t matter how big or small your project is, we’re ready to do it – and do it right!
You want a no-hassle project from start to finishing, right?
We work with you from the first planning session through to final clean-up. When you choose Marvin’s Brick Pavers we deliver:
- Decades of experience applied to every job
- Skilled, dedicated crews
- All the right tools, techniques and applications
- Top-flight materials
- “No-worries” customer service
Are you ready to give your home a look that will make family, friends and passersby say “wow?”
That’s what we want to hear! Give us a call at 608-630-8855 or email us so we can set a time for your free consolation.